range of light armoured vehicles
is unusual in having an aluminium hull
and being powered by the Jaguar 4.2 litre 6-cylinder engine
(shades of E-type Jag').
The range includes the Scorpion tank,
Spartan armoured personnel carrier (APC) and
Samson armoured recovery vehicle (ARV).
- Scorpion: light tank, by Alvis (UK) and Malines (Belgium)
- loa: 4.9m, width: 2.4m
- Jaguar, 4.2L, petrol, 6-cyls, 2-valves/cyl, ohc
- transmission: 7-speed (fwd and rev)
- in service (UK): 1972 - 1997+/-
- main armament: 76mm gun
- Spartan armoured personnel carrier, APC
- Samson armoured recovery vehicle FV106
- Sultan Command Vehicle